About Me

My photo
Creative Writer,Published Nutritionist, Astrologer, interested in spirituality. Dog lover!

Saturday 7 March 2009

How I came to be where I am now

I'm going to be posting new blogs expanding on the information included in my introduction, along with other topics, please be free to add any comments.

I'm one of those people who are easily distracted from my aims (possibly due to bipolar, maybe just my character).

My first career goal was to be a singer; I did dip my toes into it, and performed with a band, but found writing songs more enjoyable.

When choosing my A Levels I'd decided I wanted to be a criminal psychologist; however we had a psychometric test and my scores, though good enough for psychology, showed my best match would be journalism. I carried on with my A Levels, including psychology... but by then my goals had changed.

I studied Media & Performing Arts at Amersham College for a year, then did BA (hons) degree in Film, Media & Culture. It was here that I discovered a love of writing... particularly scripts. In the degree we learnt film editing, camera work etc. We produced our own (highly embarrassing) films. But there was no journalistic training.

After my degree I found it very hard to break into the industry, and due to financial pressure, had to get a regular office job... umm not ideal! I did keep my hand in the entertainment industry by having small parts in films, most consigned to the cutting room floor though :(

I've always been interested in nutrition; probably through having suffered from anorexia and bulimia when younger. This led me later to take a further qualification in nutrition. I developed a passion for the holistic side of nutrition; how it affects not just our physical well being, but also our mental condition: I will post a further blog on nutrition at a later date.

Once qualified I set up my own business, and have published articles on nutrition.

Right now I am returning to my love of writing... so many things have happened to me recently, and I have discovered that creativity is very important to me, I even recently discovered a talent for drawing, hitherto unknown.

It is disconcerting to not be sure where you are going, but now I am set on a course and finally have decided not to be 'distracted' by other's opinions.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you sarah.
    It sound like you have set your sights on a task and you're determing to get there.
    Wish you all the best and hope you find your dream.

    ReplyDelete